The Enquire Learning Trust
Purpose of post:
Responsible to the Estates Manager / Director of Business and Operations, the post holder supports the estates management and ensures that each academy complies with all relevant legislation regarding the management, maintenance and use of the facilities. In addition, the post holder will be involved in projects across the whole Trust.
The advert for this post will remain live until the 30th September 2020. We reserve the right to close the advert early should we receive a high level of quality applicants before the closing date. You are therefore encouraged to apply early.
The Enquire Learning Trust is an established and successful provider of primary education across the North of England. Our motto is ‘children first’ and we are committed to providing each child within our academies with an excellent educational experience that inspires, motivates and equips learners with the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for future success. To achieve this we need to attract, retain, develop and look after our people so that their performance is as enhanced as possible.
To help us achieve our aims of continued success and progression we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and driven Estates Assistant to work alongside our existing Estates Manager. You will have experience with facility management including the management of suppliers and an understanding of the relevant legislative requirements of large public buildings.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Assist in the project management, collaborating with stakeholders and ensure delivery on time and on budget
- Produce, manipulate and analyse reports
- Apply a consistent approach across all academies, including relevant documentation for lessons learned and audit purposes
- Help to manage an efficient estates service to all employees
- Assist in the management of utilities, planned and reactive maintenance, inspections and recommendations
- Provide appropriate support to academies during, after and upon implementation of projects to ensure disruption is minimal
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Contribute to the setting of priority objectives in liaison with Directors
- Lead and support projects across Trust
- Assist with Development and management of Estates Compliance Plan
- Ensure buildings and estates meet statutory health and safety requirements
- Ensure work by staff or contractors is being completed safely as agreed and follow up on any deficiencies.
- Contact for estates relate issues
- Assist in the set up and agreement of central and regional contracts
- Assist in the development and maintenance of preferred contractor lists
- Attend meetings with Principals, Senior Management and site teams to support operational delivery
- Assist with management and monitoring of estates contracts
- Maintain regular contact with all key stakeholders, ensuring goals and required actions are clearly and regularly communicated.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary with the scope for progression based on performance, access to a fully funded health and wellbeing scheme and flexible working arrangements. This role requires a significant amount of travel and as such you must be comfortable in travelling across the North of England – sometimes visiting more than one region per day. This will also require occasional overnight stays.
The Trust is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting Welfare of Children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com
Salary: Scale point 18 - 23 (24,313 - 26,999)
Closing Date: 30 September 2020, 12.00pm