Southcoates Primary Academy
Southcoates Academy are looking to appoint a self-motivated, reliable, multi-skilled and well organised Site Manager to fulfil this key role associated with the efficient running of the Academy.
Our Academy is a 2 form entry school and we currently have 381 pupils on roll; this includes 39 FTE place Nursery provision. As part of The Enquire Learning Trust, we work collaboratively with other Academies and share best practice to enhance provision and transform the culture of learning and teaching.
The fundamental part of the role will be premises management and health & safety compliance. This entails the maintenance and security of the building and grounds, ensuring the cleanliness of the site as a welcoming, safe and secure environment for pupils, staff and visitors, and taking responsibility for ensuring full compliance with health and safety legislation.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake routine maintenance, including painting and decorating, DIY and general repairs
- Undertake some general cleaning duties
- Be flexible with regard to weekly working hours; later working will be required for special events and parents’ evenings
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate well to children and staff, interacting with them in a friendly and positive manner
- Have good ICT, literacy and numeracy skills for accurate record keeping
- Have an understanding of and conduct all activities in accordance with the Trust’s policies and relevant legislation
- Be willing to undertake any necessary and training and development associated with the requirements of the job description.
- We can offer:
- The support of an effective team both within the Academy and The Enquire Learning Trust
- A caring, hardworking and respectful environment with a focus on improving life chances for all children
- First aid training (if required)
- Free Health Care Scheme membership.
An offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Southcoates Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Enquire Learning Trust is fully committed to achieving fairness and equality in employment and seeks to achieve a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities it serves. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably or disadvantaged on the grounds of gender, gender identity, nationality, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, age or any other unjustifiable reason.
Application forms to be returned to :
Salary: NJC SCP 15 to 19
Closing Date: 6 July 2020, 12.00pm